This privacy notice sets out how Nest Estimating uses and protects information you provide us when using our website. This Privacy Notice describes in detail how your personal information will be used and if required shared, what your rights are in relation to personal information and how you can exercise those rights.
We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is reasonably protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you or others can be identified when using our websites, then you can be assured it will only be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
We will collect and otherwise use personal information about you to enable us to administer our services (as detailed below), enabling us to provide you with other related services and help us manage our relationship with you. This may involve sharing personal information with other organisations in order for us to fulfil a quote or estimate with as much accuracy as possible.
In this Privacy Notice:
- we, us or our (or other similar words) means Nest Estimating;
- Services means the quote, estimate, budgeting and development of any of our services related to the individual client;
- You – is the person whose personal information (as defined below) we collect, use and process to complete our service to you. This includes those who contact us in connection with the delivery of or receipt of services we provide or otherwise interacts with us in order to complete our service to you; and
- Website means www.nestestimating.co.uk
Who is responsible for your personal information?
We control the information collected by us about you and the purposes for which the information is used. This means that we are the data controller (for the purposes of the DPA) in respect of such personal information.
The data controller is, Kyle Walker at Nest Estimating Ltd a company registered in England and Wales with company number 10738893. Our registered office is Nest Estimating, Botley Mill, Mill Hill, Botley, Southampton, SO30 2GB. This is also our main trading address.
If you provide us with personal information about another person, you must ensure that before you provide us with their personal information, you have their agreement to do so and that they are aware of the ways in which we use personal information as set out in this Privacy Notice.
What information do we collect?
We may collect and process information about you. This information will be processed fairly and will be sufficient for the purposes of use. It may include your name, address, contact details (including email address and mobile phone number), Bank account details and data collected as part of any documentation completed online that help us carry out our service to you. This information is referred to in this Privacy Notice as personal information.
In particular, we may collect and process the following personal information about you:
- information that you provide by filling in forms for us, including those on our Website;
- we collect personal information to process and complete your estimates and budgeting requirements;
- information contained in and records of communications between us, including e-mails, letters and text messages;
- information about your preferences in connection with our Website, for the purposes of enhancing and personalising your experience on the Website;
- details of your visits to our Website, for example traffic data, location data (including the country and telephone area code where your computer is located) and the resources that you access (including the pages of our Website that you view);
- we will collect information concerning your marketing preferences.
We may share your personal information with other organisations, including those who provide us with assistance in the delivery of our services.
Information will be kept securely in our electronic data base/CRM. All records referring to an estimate completed by us will be destroyed in a secure manor following data protection procedures after a period of three years.
Personal contact information including emails, phone numbers, addresses and other communication methods will be kept indefinitely or until a request is made in writing to delete you from our contact data base. Updates will be carried out annually to ensure we have correct contact details.
- Employers liability insurance records Permanently
- Accounting records 6 years from the end of the financial year.
- RIDDOR reports 3 years after the date the record was made.
- Accident records 3 years after the date the record was made.
- Tax and National Insurance records at least 3 years after the end of the tax year to which they relate
How do we use your personal information?
We use your personal information in connection with our estimating and budgeting services. In particular, we may use your personal information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us including in connection with the services we provide;
- to manage and administer the relationships between you and us;
- to comply with our legal obligations and with instructions from you and any third party involved in the budgeting and estimating service;
- to notify you about changes to our services and to otherwise communicate with you; for example, we will use your contact details to respond to any queries you submit to us;
- to analyse the efficacy of our services and marketing activity and to carry out research relating to the services we provide.
If you give permission, we may also use personal information to provide you with information about services, promotions and offers that may be of interest to you. We may use personal information to identify additional services or other related services and products that could be of interest to you. The section below entitled “What choices do I have?” explains how you can change whether to receive this information. Please note that, even if you choose not to receive this information, we may still use your personal information to provide you with important service communications, including communications in relation to an estimate or budget we are or have completed for you (as applicable).
Your personal information may also be used by us, contractors or agents, and disclosed to third parties, in order to comply with instructions from architects or structural engineers and any legal obligation (including in connection with a court order), or in order to enforce or apply the terms of any agreements we have with or otherwise concerning you (including agreements between you and us); or to protect our rights, property or safety or those of our customers, employees or other third parties.
With whom do we share your personal information?
In connection with the above uses of your personal information, we may share your personal information with third parties.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties in connection with our services. For example, we may pass your personal information to:
- third party organisations that provide services to us e.g. Architects, suppliers of quotations for materials and other services that support the estimation process (including assisting us with carrying out marketing activities);
- external agencies and organisations (including the police and other law enforcement agencies) for the purpose of preventing and detecting fraud (including fraudulent transactions) and criminal activity. We may also disclose personal information in the detection of a crime; and
- third parties if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation or instructions (including in connection with a court order), or in order to enforce or apply the terms of any agreements we have with or otherwise concerning you (including agreements between you and us); or to protect our rights, property or safety or those of our customers, employees or other third parties.
- If we sell or buy any organisation or assets we may disclosure your personal information to the buyer or seller of the assets. If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, your information will be one of the assets transferred.
We may share non-personal aggregate statistics (group) data about visitors to our Website, sales and traffic patterns with certain third parties to enable us to improve the way we communicate on our Website with you.
We will not share your personal information with or sell it to third-party marketers. We may however use the following third-party service providers named below to process and store your data:
Protecting your personal information
Nest is committed to protecting your privacy. We will use your personal information in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 (the DPA) and other laws that set out how we can use your personal information.
Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we are able to disclose personal information to you.
Personal data kept electronically will be username and password protected or accessed by security facial recognition. Access to electronic files will be restricted to staff who have a direct need to access the information.
Personal data kept in paper format is kept in a locked cabinet in a locked office. All paperwork is destroyed after the required time safely. Please ask for a copy of our Confidentiality/Data Protection policy for further information.
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure; this risk is not specific to our Website and is common across the internet. Unfortunately, we can’t guarantee the security of the transmission of the data to us which is outside our control; any data you send is at your own risk. No personal data is sent out of the EU at this time.
What choices do I have?
If personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or incorrect, you can request in writing we correct this information (including your marketing preferences) by using the details below.
You can choose to stop receiving:
- marketing emails or messages from us by writing or emailing
- telephone calls or postal communications by notice to Kyle Walker (details below).
You can also choose to change your marketing preferences by writing to us using the details below.
During events if you agree to give us your contact details we will input these into our CRM system. We will use your contact details to contact you via telephone or email to arrange a meeting face to face.
Access to your personal information
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access your personal information, subject to certain exemptions. To request access to your personal information, please contact us in writing using the details below. Please note any access request will be subject to a fee (currently £10) and we will require identification to verify your identity.
For further information on the circumstances under which you have the right to request access to, or rectification\erasure of, your personal data please visit the Information Commissioner’s website.
How to contact us
If you have any questions, comments, complaints or requests regarding this Privacy Notice, please feel free to contact us in any of the following ways:
- by telephoning 02380 97016 and asking to speak to Kyle Walker
- by writing to us at Nest Estimating Ltd, Botley Mill, Mill Hill, Botley, Southampton, marked for the attention of Kyle Walker.
- By emailing Kyle at email@example.com
- We are members of the Information Commissioner’s Office ico.org.uk/registered. If we fail to resolve your complaint satisfactorily complaints can be lodged with them.
From time to time this notice will be changed for updating purposes. Please check regularly to ensure you are familiar with any changes.
Changes to this Privacy Notice, will be posted on our Website. Updated Privacy Notices will take effect as soon as it is posted on our Website.
This Notice was updated in May 2018. The next review date is May 2019